5/17/10

bang head against wall ..repeat if necessary

 INTRODUCTION:
So Melissa has been receiving e-mails from an Argentine Tango group and this is her attempt to get off their e-mail subscriber list...take it away Melissa:

soo, not exactly my finest moment, but i had forgotten who the group was and marked each email as "bulk"' or "spam" before deleting it but they always got through which was why i had repeatedly asked to be removed.

ROGUE SPAM E-MAIL THAT MADE IT THROUGH PROMPTING THIS E-MAIL THREAD TO BE KNOWN AS TANGO FROM HERE ON OUT:

Another chance to dance tango at beautiful Galvez!
A special Sunday has been added this month
... See More
Sunday, April 25
Galvez Restaurant
912 N Peters
6 - 10 pm

Julio and Denise have generously arranged this special evening for:

Alberto's Birthday Celebration

Please join us ~

Visit The Vamp!
http://visualvamp.blogspot.com/

Me:
please take me off your mailing list

Tango:
Who are you, and which list do you want to be taken off, please?
We use a tango community based list so you may want to find out why you were included if you are not tango dancer.

Me:
i'm melissa owsiany, i have no idea what list i'm on, i asked multiple times over the past years to be taken off and gave up b/c it never happened. i do not participate in any activities w/ any group.

Tango:
Well sorry about that Melisa, this is the first time we have received a request from you, and we'll pass the word around. In the meantime try using the Delete button, it's quick, safe and a lot more polite.

Me:
"please take me off your mailing list" is about as polite as it gets to some group i get constant annoying emails from. i have no idea who you are, what your group is, or what the different groups you're referring to are. i've requested multiple times to be removed, if this is the first time you've received a request from me I have no idea why. i have no way of knowing what the hierarchical structure is. if you are a member of one of these groups, i assume you do.

if you are in charge of some group, it is your role to be polite and remove me from your list. i'm sure everyone else is happy to hear from you and interested in whatever it is that you do.

Tango:
Apparently you forgot that you called and asked to be informed about tango...

----------------------------------
--- On Sun, 3/23/08, Planet-Tango <planet_tango@yahoo.com> wrote:
It was nice talking to you Melissa.
Here is the information about the classes in case you want to jump in
rather than waiting a month and a half...
--- On Wednesday, March 27, 2008 4:30 PM Melissa Owsiany <lissazwalk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for calling me back, I will plan on dropping in this
> Thur,
> and most likely purchasing a class packet for the future.
> Melissa
On Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:28 PM Melissa Owsiany <lissazwalk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alberto,
> I will not get out of work in time to be at the lesson this
> evening.
> May I try for next week?
> Melissa

Me:
yes, i absolutely did. if you can find that, i'm sure you are capable of removing me from your list or informing me who i should re-email to do so.

Tango:
Say you're sorry first...

Me:
wow.

ahem: I am so very so for being so rude. now, i repeat, please take me off your list.

thank you,
sincerely,
Melissa Owsiany



Me:
To Whom it May Concern,
I had an unpleasant conversation with someone who emailed me using a server list associated with you guys. I am pasting it below in case you are interested. If this type of representation of your group is acceptable then I apologize for this email, it just struck me that if someone in my organization behaved towards the public this way I would be upset with them. Also, if this email is redundant because you ARE the person I had this conversation with, then I also apologize.
I understand there may be some language or cultural barriers here so I would like to point out that the phrase “please take me off/remove me from you mailing list” is the common and accepted method of requesting removal from any server list. It is not a personal insult and is not aimed at any one person. I would also like to point out that my request to be removed from this list does not reflect negatively on the group, it is not a personal insult to anyone, it is simply my personal preference to not be involved in your group.
With that said, I’m sure the tradition of Argentine Tango is well represented by Planet Tango.

Tango:
Your apologies are accepted, now go away and stop being a pill.



Me:
Oh, it is you. Damn. You are the problem. Your logic is kind of like this:
Women to blame for earthquakes, says Iran cleric
Women behaving promiscuously are causing the earth to shake, according to cleric, as Ahmadinejad predicts Tehran quake
That means you are stupid, egotistical, and have lots of personal problems. I’m not actually apologizing to you, whoever the fuck you are, I was trying to make your boss/colleagues aware of your behavior b/c I’m bored at work. Now really, just go fuck yourself.

...then I blocked him from my emails while remembering how creepy he was on the phone when i had initially talked w/ him. That's why i never went in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meslissa,

    You patience and logic cum summation is impressive.

    Luv,

    dad

    ReplyDelete