5/21/10

More on Disney Princesses...

So after posting the pictures of the uber-sexed up Disney Princesses yesterday, I was going to post a follow-up picture of them that always comes up on my stumble upon that always reminds me of our "Fallen Disney Princess" Halloween costumes:

HAH!  I love it...especially Belle with the Beast femur in hand.  And I totally forgot Esmeralda existed!! While I was searching for this picture I came upon a fan page dedicated to art on the Disney Princesses and it reminded me once again the effect these characters have on those of us who group up with them.  I know we've talked about the Disney Princesses in book group already, but I find the iconic nature of them intriguing. There are so many different interpretations and I found it astonishing the different directions these fan artists went.  I'll leave it to you to decide which ones you find made them better/worse after the jump....


Pirate Princesses

Art Nouveau Princess














2000's Cartoon Princess 
   Twisted Princess


Find lots more fan art at FanPop

3 comments:

  1. love the pumpkin one, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts about the Disney princesses are awesome and I've really enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing and I'm hoping to be more active in her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why are all of the live action girls flat chested?

    ReplyDelete