6/3/10

Glamour is all accepting and stuff b/c they'll put a size TWELVER on the cover: It's ALL GOOD



Can you tell which one is size 2, size 12, or whatever?!?!?

I can, but only because I LOVE Chrystal Renn (in the pink) who I know is supposedly the size 12, because she's the world's highest paid plus size model.  This picture was sent to me by my lovely friend Margaret, who very reasonably asked the question "which one is the size 12?" I actually don't think Renn photoshopped here all that much, but just like ME her weight tends to fluctuate and at the moment this picture was taken she may not have been a size 12.  Her rep answers the question here.  Regardless I find it a little annoying that they are claiming to have a wide diversity of body types and bathing suits to fit, when all the women pictured, while obviously having differences, don't really represent variety (of body types, body colors, or taste in bathing suits...where's my one piece?)  Funnily all the women appear to be BOTH curvey and skinny here and would all probably look really good in almost any suit they tried on.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I have this issue of Glamour, and like you, I thought all 3 models looked curvy and skinny -- size wasn't at all attention grabbing on the cover. However, if you look through this issue -- attention is made to size when "real" girls (aka not models) of great diversity in size, shape, and color are featured trying on a variety of bathing suits to fit any and every body type. The "real" girls should have been on this cover because Curvy? Skinny? It's ALL good! was definitely the point of that spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...thanks for the tip. I'll go check out the additional images on the inside. I guess it's baby steps, eh?

    ReplyDelete