6/2/10

Infinite Twilight Summer

Well here we are...the beginning of summer.  In my last post I discussed why I didn't want to see Sex and the City 2 based on my critiques of the previous movie. While I still do not plan on seeing it anytime soon (if it comes onto Netflix Watch Instantly...we can talk) I did start thinking about how quick I was to reject something based on past judgments, current reviews, and with no first hand experience.  So with that in mind I have decided to take on a challenge this summer...I am going to read the Twilight series.

Now those of you who know me, know that I criticize, mock, roll my eyes, and probably mention the phrase "Edward is emotionally abusive" almost anytime it is mentioned.  I DID read the first book, but stopped there.  So to be fair, and to really be able to pin down my critique (as well as to give me practice on reading and reporting for this blog using relatively easier material) I am going to read the series and report on  it HERE.  I am going to go in as open minded as possible and try to create reactions that are organic (opposed to going in with fists clenched, ready to draw the first punch).  Not quite sure how I will frame the posts...so you'll have to stay tuned.

To balance this act out I will also be reading Infinite Jest b/c I want to join the Julia and Clare club of being able to read 1000 pages + of the same book.

Wish me luck on this journey

1 comment:

  1. hahaha - infinite twilight summer - i love it! i did read all the twilights and will be interested to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete