3/11/10

Bringing home Baby

So Clare and I were preparing to babysit Rixie-Jo (our youngest FBC member) this weekend and trying to decide what can we possibly do to entertain a 3 month old while also entertaining ourselves.  I think that after reading this post Melissa will be quite glad that plans fell through: 
clerrrr: oh so did we get final word on babysitting?
me: yeah I told you didn't I
  Sunday afternoon
  she's dropping her off at my place
  I'll set up a time with her tomorrow


clerrrr: what should we do with her? 
me: make anne geddes photos (reference here http://www.annegeddes.com/Modules/Anne/Galleries/index.aspx)
clerrrr: omg YES
  i'll bring the flowerpot
clerrrr:  can we put makeup on a baby?
me: ummm...yeah
is that even a real question?
  once you leave the womb beauty and being attractive to men is the number one priority
  duh clare
clerrrr: maybe even some false eyelashes?
 me: and dentures
  since she doesn't have teeth yet
clerrrr: aren't they called flippers?
me: why yes of course...flippers!
 clerrrr: perfect
me: this is what I'm thinking


 
me: and we definitely need to buy stuff from this shop for our photo shoot

clerrrr: oh god...isn't it just disgusting when babies aren't girly?
clerrrr: makes me wanna throw up when babies are all butch
 me: Angelina Jolie is basically ruining Shiloh for LIFE
me: ummmmm


 no words….



clerrrr: okay now that i've recovered from the shock, i'm trying to legitimately figure out what is happening in this picture...and i'm failing
  there is something severely wrong with the head and i don't know what
  like...why is it so white? and then above the bow, it gets darker?
HELP ME
 me: Did they just cut out a picture of a baby head and put it on a doll?
 clerrrr: perhaps...but why wouldn't they just take a picture of an actual baby wearing the costume?
me: that's a good question
  especially when you want to sell said costume
clerrrr: and even if for some reason you've decided that you must use a photo of a baby, you have the ENTIRE internet of photos to choose from...why would you choose a picture of a crying, deathly looking baby??
 me: this one is also questionable




clerrrr: stay focused!... go back to baby princess
  and zoom in like twice


clerrrr: and notice that the baby inexplicably has a 5 o'clock shadow
clerrrr: WHAT IS HAPENING HERE??
clerrrr: i like how they didn't even crop out the white space over its head
 me: I know
basically though
  we are buying this for Rixie
clerrrr: WAIT, WE CAN'T!!! it says it's out of stock
  which makes this even more mysterious
  bc apparently people want to buy this product???
clerrrr: oh jess...are you ready for one more?
  you may need to prepare yourself
me:   ok
  I'M READY






clerrrr: THE EYES
me: HOLY SHIT
 clerrrr: exactly
 me: ok...I have to stop
 clerrrr: it was good/bewildering while it lasted


So there you all go…not only to get to enjoy a day in the life of Clare, Jess, and the internet but also some amazing ways to dress your future spawn.  For more ideas go here http://www.buycostumes.com/Hot-Dog-Bunting-Costume/18129/ProductDetail.aspx

3 comments:

  1. oh my. i'm not sure what to say or what i think.. oh my. Rix has a lot to live up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warning: if no one else writes posts on this site, it will consist solely of IM transcripts between Jess and I...and based on this one, is that really what you want??? (yes, probably)

    ReplyDelete
  3. y'all are quite the babysitting duo. also, the 5 o clock shadow baby could just be showing early signs of michael jackson tendencies.

    ReplyDelete